Recently I was contacted by a reader of mine to surf and read on the behavior of PSYCHOPATH & SOCIOPATH. I am glad they suggested this, as there is just so much on this particular subject, and how it now affects us via the Internet. Please make sure you check out and read the links given at the end of this blog!
No longer are we thinking our next door neighbor, co-worker (even family) might posses the traits of this behavior, and we are now more and more seeing it on the Internet. We have seen movies that portray these type of people, and we sat back in amazement while watching the shows of "DAMN, these are scary people!". Now it has invaded our activity on our computer, and many times people become the victims of these types of behaviors, (maybe you) having no idea of why it happened.
There is just so much written on Psychopath & Sociopath behavior. While we think we have a pretty good idea of recognizing them, I wanted to blog on what I have discovered and it has certainly been an interesting and educating read for me. I am hoping to educate to some degree of what a psychopath is, as you might be a victim of one (or could become a victim of one) and have no idea of what you are dealing with.
While the articles say many things on the behavior of this group of people (of the ones I have read, and trust me, there is much information on this), they all say certain things in common of this type of individual. Perhaps you know one and can now recognize this type of person.
I read an interesting article about Trolls speaking about the disordered personality of antisocial types, which in reality is the same thing as psychopathy or sociopath behavior. The behavior of the Troll touches on personally experienced and what I have heard from others concerning their behavior follows, therefore my writing deals with this, but is not limited to:
1. Inability to accept or recognize social norms. I could go on forever with this in great detail, but it is recognized in other ways in my blog.
2. Repeated lying, deceitful, uses many aliases if discovered on one, then goes to another (especially if found out), conning and manipulative to others in order of personal or pleasure profit and gain.
3. Lack of remorse and irresponsibility concerning others, and then rationalize their behavior within their minds, disregarding the ones they have hurt, mistreated and many times destroyed.
4. They posses a narcissism behavior or grandiosity, need of admiration from others, yet total lack of empathy for others. Let me explain this more.
Concerning GRANDIOSITY , they need a sense of self-importance, and they accomplish this by exaggeration of their achievements, what wonderful things they have done, their religion, how they care, and expects to be recognized in a superior role for this. They have an unreasonable sense of entitlements and expectations, yet expect favorable or automatic compliance with their expectations. And with their interpersonal goals, they take advantage of those in their path to achieve their own ends, and that can be many things. And sadly, they are void of any empathy, and do not realize (or recognize) or identify with the feelings and needs of others, and shows arrogant behavior and attitude.
It has been expressed in several articles concerning trolls that have a personality behavior that they crave and feed upon constant need for attention, and are not happy at all when they are not the center of attention. Their writings are displayed in impressionistic form, and lacking of details, yet get very angry if questioned on this. Their behavior is manipulative and self centered, yet hard to recognize at first until you personally get to know the troll. The psychopath troll makes a point in provocative comments in order that emotional responses will be given by others. And many times when responses are given, they challenge the conversation, many times breaking the rules of chat or forum board, therefore being banned, and then cry VICTIM and go back in under a new identity.
I have found out through my research that this type of behavior of trolls do ask for forgiveness at times, and change their stories so that others will read it, using words of I made a mistake, instead of telling the entire story. The problem is that others are now questioning their behavior, and reading about it via the Internet, and they must do something to change it. The attention they are getting now is not what they wanted or hoped for, so they must ask for some type of forgiveness. More of this behavior follows in the blog, so keep reading!
OK, I am now ending the Troll comments that are related to Psychopath and Sociopath. It all has some relationship to the rest of what I have written. Heading now to all behavior of this group of people! You might see some redundant of the same behavior tho.
BEHAVIOR PATTERNS OF THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR, to include but not limited to!
1. Superficial and Glib~They can come across as very charming, intelligent (and actually, many are) and articulate individuals. They are very aware of what people find appealing and interested in, and work diligently to present themselves in favorable ways. As already stated, they tell tons (lies) of stories about themselves and their achievements and their attention need is fed when others think and believe on them, never knowing any better.
2. Egocentric~Total self-centered and under the unrealistic opinion that what everything and everyone does (or should) revolve around them. They have a superiority complex to the rest of society and think and feel they are right in questioning and violating all rules. They are arrogant, boastful, controlling, not to mention COCKY.
3. Manipulative and total deceitful~Their greatest talent is lies and then more lies. They still continue to carry on with their deception even when caught. Being caught is no big deal to them, even when confronted, as they just alter the details of their story.
4. Guilt & Remorse & Empathy and Emotions~ is total lacking with this type of individual and their behavior. They do not have the ability to "step into another's shoes", or relate to how the pain they have inflicted upon others is devastating. In the psychopath, they rationalize all they do and therefore do not feel any remorse or pain and possible destruction that they caused to others.
5. Impulsive~The psychopath revolves around here and the now, pretty much "living for the moment in time", and seeks instant total gratification (giving none, or little consideration to the consequences of their actions.)
6. Lacking in reliability and responsibility~This behavior problem among these individuals have no understanding or care of social goals, such as commitment, obligation, rules, etc. and cannot be counted on for them to understand. Making and breaking promises is not a problem with them, regardless of how it affects others.
7. Behavioral problems existing from early adulthood~Many times when looking into the psychopaths behavior, childhood problems were evident and present. Red flags go up if seen. Problems such as constantly lying, cheating, bullying, violence, just to name a very few.
8.Adult behavior~Antisocial~It all comes back to this. All the things I have already listed and spoken on. Standard and rules show no importance with them, and they do as they please, how they please with no regards as how it affects others. While their ways might not be criminal, they are most definite immoral. Their self centered goals are still the same, to think only of themselves and disregard how it affects others. Truly sad!
In ending concerning Psychopath and Sociopath (and I do apologize for this being such a long blog, but hopefully it will serve as an educational blog) I wanted to point out just a few more things that I have read concerning this. (As well as personal experience and others that have contacted me concerning this.) And I might be redundant in some of my comments on this.
These people and their behavior exhibit poor emotional intelligent, lack of conscience and unable to feel attached to people except in their own terms of their personal value. They usually start a relationship with others, and will invite the victim to participate in their game. (Sadly, the victim has no idea of the rules). They display a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde personality. In other words, they play the part of the role to rope one in, so that they can get what they want! They have no conscience and their biggest goal is for their gratification only. They come from all walks and talks of life, making it easy to fool the victims. It is hard to spot one at first. And when spotted by someone else, they cry VICTIM, and think they are, as we do not understand them. They play games, hoping us to become a token in their play. Yet, when we see the rules are out of order and we do not want to play by their rules, we become a subject of their vengeance. And this is very scary! While the majority of us do tell some little white lies, and feel guilt on this, the psychopath cannot or will not discriminate why it is that they lie, cheat or steal from. With them, no one matters, and it could be you as a friend to them, family, but most likely you will feel in the end SUCKER!
This is the end of my blog and I hope it has given some education to this behavior. Please, please read the links available and search more on google on this subject.
Psychopathy and Antisocial Personality Disorder: A Case of Diagnostic Confusion
by Robert D. Hare, Ph.D.
Trolls May Have A Disordered Personality
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Look at the Psychopath
MSN GROUPS on PSYCHOPATH This last link I am not getting to come out right, but I will work on it, as it is a great read!